Are you passionate about shaping the digital landscape, crafting innovative solutions, and diving headfirst into the world of software development? If so, we invite you to embark on a transformative journey with our Software Development Programme.
In today’s rapidly evolving tech-driven era, software development is at the heart of every technological advancement. Whether you’re a coding enthusiast, a problem-solving “alpha geek” or someone intrigued by the art of creating powerful applications, our programme is designed to unleash your potential and equip you to excel in this dynamic field. Join our network of tech enthusiasts looking to build a career in Software Development!
Through CapaCiTi’s no-cost, full-time 12-month development programme you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills full-stack web development, ranging from basic to advanced techniques.
The first 6-months of the programme are spent on the CapaCiTi Campus where candidates are trained by expert facilitators to develop both theoretical and practical skills. The following 12-months are spent in work placement where candidates are placed into work training, providing opportunities for skill application and further development.
What can I expect if my application is successful?
The programme offers the following:
- Training in Software Development principles
- Work experience with set requirements and outcomes
- Industry-specific knowledge, experience and application
- A structured workforce development plan
- Ongoing mentorship and assessment
What is expected of me if I join?
- Complete CapaCiTi campus-based experiential learning and training for 6 months
- Complete and submit assessments and projects as required throughout the programme
- Complete practical workplace activities on time and to a high standard
- Participate in all activities, tasks and workshops
- Engage with professional development workshops, activities, teamwork and reflection for personal growth
What are the course modules?
- Introduction to HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Bootstrap Overview
- Python Fundamentals
- Introduction to DJango
What will I gain at the end of the programme?
- A highly practical and comprehensive understanding of web and programming technologies
- Versatility in Front End and Back-End Development
- An understanding of how data is captured, stored and accessed in databases
- The opportunity to learn core real-world programming principles through many practical examples
- The opportunity to specialise in one of the following guilds whilst at Younglings: Front End, Back End, Mobile, Data Science, Cyber Security
- Practical coding skills required for a career in your chosen pathway
- In-depth knowledge and skills to add to your CV and grow your career potential
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to meet the following criteria:
- A certificate of your highest academic achievement
- Have no criminal record and a clean credit history
- Have a minimum NQF level 6 qualification, ideally with an IT focus
- Either self-taught and/or had prior IT training
- Competent in current technologies and have a desire to follow a career in IT
- South African nationality
- Between the age of 18 to 35 years old
- Be under or unemployed at the time of application
- Able to attend full-time training Monday to Friday
- Be able to commit to completing full 12-month programme
- Be available when the programme starts
If you are interested in joining, click here.