Tenacity is a critical attribute of a successful entrepreneur. It celebrates persistence, determination and perseverance. The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative is pleased to announce the launch of the TenaCiTi Awards, which aims to acknowledge and award entrepreneurs that have persevered through the rollercoaster ride that is the entrepreneurial journey.
The TenaCiTi Awards aim to shine a light on entrepreneurs who have found unconventional and innovative solutions to continuously move their businesses forward. We are looking for entrepreneurs that have pivoted in some way from their original scope while maintaining the essence of their business.
The TenaCiTi Awards serve as a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to celebrate their success and share the lessons learned with others who are on their own entrepreneurial journey.
Applications are now open and close on the 30th of November 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the end of December and will be invited to the TenaCiTi Awards ceremony. In light of coronavirus regulations, the ceremony will be held virtually unless otherwise communicated.
How to enter:
Entrepreneurs can enter by clicking on this link. A link to a survey will also be posted on CiTi social media channels. In the survey, entrepreneurs will be required to complete a range of questions. We encourage all entrants to please be as descriptive as possible.
What are the criteria for entering?
- The business should be based in South Africa.
- The business owner needs to be a South African citizen.
- The business needs to be registered and operational for at least 6-12 months, and be tax compliant.
- The business must have pivoted in some way from the original business scope- but still maintaining the essence of the original business.
- Success story shared by the entrepreneur should showcase TenaCiTi.
More about the judges:
The main judges will be the expert Entrepreneur Development and Incubation team led by Lara Rosmarin.
The judges are looking for an entrepreneur and business that embodies TenaCiTi. They are looking for entrepreneurs who remain resilient and innovative and who can persevere and rise victorious through setbacks and perceived failures.
What are the rules of participating?
- Must be a South African citizen.
- The business has to be actively trading, registered and compliant.
- Proof of how the business prevailed successfully through innovative problem solving.
- All shortlisted candidates must be willing to share their stories via CiTi media distribution channels (such as social media, print media, website, etc.).
What are the prizes?
The TenaCiTi Awards will provide customized prizes that apply to your business’s current needs for successful growth.
Some of the prizes that could be won are:
- Business mentorship
- Business owner mentorship
- Sponsored interns for a set term
- Sponsored office space (with desks, chairs and high-speed WIFI) for a set term
- Access to sponsored business development resources (10-month leadership programme)