The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) is Africa’s oldest tech incubator. Working with government, business and society, CiTi promotes the inclusive growth of the digital economy.
The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) was established in 1999. Over the past 21 years, CiTi has played an integral role in catalysing and supporting the Cape Town tech ecosystem, now recognized as the most productive on the African continent.
In 2019, both CiTi’s Entrepreneur Development and Skills Development (CapaCiTi) programmes expanded to support entrepreneurs and youth across the country, and on a Pan-African scale.
The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative excels through:
- Great industry reputation for delivery, thought leadership and innovation.
- Physical presence in the vibrant communities of Woodstock and Khayelitsha.
- Complete end-to-end business support from idea stage to R30m-a-year companies.
- Proven clustering and ecosystem development in FinTech, EdTech and gaming.
- B-BBEE Level 4 supplier that can address 3/5 elements of the B-BBEE Scorecard.
- Strong corporate, public, academic and SMME partnerships.
- Strong M&E and administration.
- Scarce skills development and high-value job placement.
Entrepreneurial Development and Incubation
For the last 20 years, CiTi has helped businesses become more sustainable through the implementation of customised incubation, acceleration, training and support programmes for entrepreneurs, SMMEs and corporate businesses. We are able to provide bespoke, specialized incubation programmes that are tailored to desired outcomes or goals.
Our programmes include:
• Entrepreneur Development;
• Enterprise Development;
• Specialised Incubation and Support;
• Youth Entrepreneurship;
• Contract Incubation; and
• Corporate Innovation and Support.
Information Technology has become more pervasive over the past 15 years. Today IT forms an integral ingredient for success across the innovation spectrum ranging from products and services innovation (internet of things) to business model innovation (mobile money for the unbanked) to social innovation. CiTi supports IT-enabled innovation across a multitude of sectors, including FinTech (and blockchain), TravelTech, HealthTech, Edtech, BioTech and OpenGov.
CiTi is continually facilitating access to the digital economy by providing training and support programmes to businesses enabling the adoption of efficiencies and opportunities available through software, the internet and mobile phone applications. In line with the innovation construct this platform generates opportunities for technology businesses to create products and services for these informed customers.
VeloCiTi ESD offering
Our VeloCiTi ESD offering is our B-BBEE solution package for enterprise and supplier development (ESD) and comprises of various targeted programme offerings, specifically designed to suit the individual needs of our corporate clients.
We focus on delivering strategic value and an achievable, measurable ROI through:
- Creating and further empowering robust entrepreneurs.
- Developing and growing sustainable businesses.
- Supporting, cultivating and promoting women and youth owned businesses.
- Ensuring that our corporate clients receive an impactful return on their ESD spend.
Our Corporate ESD Offering
Our Corporate ESD offering includes:
• Sourcing, assessment and recruitment.
• Mentorship and training.
• Ecosystem access.
• Funding readiness and preparation support.
By investing in entrepreneurial development, you can claim BEE points.
• Proven 20+ year track record of success.
• Extensive reporting.
• Customise programmes to fit within corporate strategy.
• Ecosystem to plug into.
• Comprehensive monitoring and evaluation.
• Non-Profit Organisation.
With the right mentorship, support, training, access to networks and funding, entrepreneurs will become the employment generators of tomorrow.
We must look at what needs to be done to promote and encourage the entrepreneurial spirit and an entrepreneurial culture. – Cyril Ramaphosa
For more information please contact Lara Rosmarin.