On 16 March 2022, the British High Commission in Pretoria in partnership with the Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi), Woodstock Bandwidth Barn will host a free hybrid cybersecurity and data protection workshop for SMMEs.
This event is funded by the UK government. The UK is committed to collaborating with global partners to build national cyber security capacity and resilience, including supporting the development of inclusive, affordable, safe and secure digital access for underserved communities.
On 16 March 2022, CiTi in partnership with the British High Commission in Pretoria will host cybersecurity and data protection training and guidance, targeted at the small and medium sized business community – to increase resilience to cyber harms.
Agenda for the day:
The workshops will start at 9:30 am and finish at 13:00 pm, including:
• SMME training on cybersecurity hygiene basics.
• A training session on the British High Commission in Pretoria’s free Cybersecurity and Data protection toolkit, which can be accessed here: https://gcatoolkit.org/small-business-dapsa/
• An overview on the POPI Act delivered by a privacy and legal expert.
• A cyber Q&A delivered by a panel of cyber experts who will share their insights with SMMEs on how to protect their businesses.
• A networking session that will allow attendees to connect with other SMMEs.
• Participants must follow CiTi’s COVID-19 protocols.
• SMMEs must have businesses with a digital presence.
• SMMEs must be able to commit 4 to 5 hours of interaction and engagement on the 16th March 2022.
• Gain free and unrestricted access to the British High Commission in Pretoria’s Cybersecurity and Data Protection Toolkit.
• Increased knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity, keeping yourself safe online and recovering from a cyberattacks.
• Have questions answered by cyber and data protection experts.
• Interaction with likeminded entrepreneurs.
How to register:
Please follow this link to register: https://ecosystem278336.typeform.com/to/rCvlYhpF
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and for the safety of our guests, we ask that you kindly RSVP
For queries and more info, contact: CiTi Phone Number:
+27 (21) 409 7000
Email Sibahle Nhleko firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative:
The Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CiTi) is a Non-Profit Company with a mission to build a future-proof, inclusive society through technology and innovation. CiTi does so by creating globally competitive tech and innovation sectors, to enable sustainable economic growth and greater employment. CiTi was established in 1999 and works at the intersection of business, government and society to positively shape the future of the economy and society with the use of innovation and technology. We see this model as the key driver for systemic, regional change and progression.
UK in South Africa
Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative