Have you got what it takes to pursue a career in ICT? Are you passionate about technology, and have a qualification or previous experience in IT? Do you have excellent written and spoken English? CapaCiTi has an exciting opportunity for you!
CapaCiTi is now accepting applications for the ICT Enablers programme. The 12-month programme prepares candidates for a career in the Digital Economy by providing technical and career critical skills training in a work-simulated environment.
As a candidate, you’ll be expected to undertake assisted self-learning supported by well-versed tech mentors and tech champs. The programme is a challenging one but is hugely rewarding for those who are looking for a digital career and are willing to apply themselves, work hard and learn new front end and back end web development skills.
Those who excel in the programme would be able to pursue career opportunities such as:
– Python web & mobile developer
– Junior Data analyst
– Junior Software engineer
– Junior Machine Learning engineer
– Junior Research analyst
– Junior Python web and mobile developer
– Junior Software Tester
– Junior Front-end development
The skills that will be acquired throughout the 12 months are:
– Develop and maintain software programs
– Integrate applications with third-party services
– Debug programs
– Implement security solutions
– Write, design or edit web page content
– Perform website updates as needed and
– Write code for websites or web applications
– Troubleshoot code issues
– Work on Python libraries, including Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
– Carry out data analysis (interpretation)
– Collate/collect data using the scripting language
– Explore datasets
Who should apply?
If you answer YES to the questions below, we want you!
- Matric + tertiary qualification or short programmes in computer/web programming related field
- Aged between 18 and 28 years
- South African Citizen
- Must live in the City of Cape Town metropolitan area
- Intermediate understanding of computers
- Excellent written and spoken English
To start your digital career, simply apply below and complete the questions that will help us learn more about you.