If you are curious, enjoy solving problems, communicate well, know how to apply logic, and are
comfortable working in a team, this is the opportunity for you!
CapaCiTi, in partnership with the City of Cape Town, have an exciting opportunity for driven young people with a passion for technology, hoping to gain access to careers in the digital economy. We are offering a programme focusing on building future software developers based in Cape Town. If you are a motivated, diligent individual with intermediate computer skills and can apply yourself consistently to problem-solving and computational thinking you are invited to apply. Previous qualifications are an advantage but not a prerequisite; self-study and aptitude will also be considered.
This programme will offer candidates the opportunity to develop their skills in and exposure to Software Development and Programming languages while simulating a working environment, allowing you to explore professional behavious, teamwork, and taking responsibility for your own path. This fully funded, 6-month training intervention will allow you to explore opportunities in the digital economy, develop your workplace habits and give you the support you need to accelerate your career journey. Candidates will learn to understand external pressure and expectations in IT relating to deadlines, project work and outputs. While working extensively on realistic projects, often supplied, and evaluated by the client or CiTi partners, that provide real-life, specific feedback to improve skills.
This is what we offer candidates:
- A funded 6-month onsite work experience programme.
- Specialised Professional development to build technical, business, and interpersonal skills.
- Supported training environment.
- Job application preparedness and portfolio creation.
- This programme will help you build the entry-level skills needed for some exiting roles such as:
- System Analyst
- System Designer
- System Developer
- System Administrator
- Software Tester
- System Analyst
- Web Development & Design
Tools/Software Programming languages used in practice include:
What we need from you:
- Are you passionate about technology, self-taught or have a previous qualification in ICT?
- Based in Cape Town?
- Do you have a high level of English comprehension and communication skills?
- Intermediate computer literacy?
- Do not hold a criminal record?
- Are you unemployed?
- Between the ages of 21 – 28?
- Able to start a full-time, onsite programme from September?
- Motivated, responsible, and future focused individual, ready to take ownership of your own career prospects?
If you answered “yes” to the above-stated requirements, then CapaCiTi wants you!
To take the next steps towards your ICT career, follow this link , and tell us more about yourself and your future aspirations.